Weekend Edition: Why You Need (More Than One) Sunday Pitch in Your Portfolio

Total Wealth Staff Dec 14, 2019

A “Sunday Pitch” is an old baseball expression meaning a pitch so clearly thrown, so anticipated and so properly delivered that the batter – i.e. YOU – can knock it out of the park with little effort. My grandfather – who actually played ball in the 1930s – used it any time he spotted huge profit potential. Here’s how…

23 Responses to Weekend Edition: Why You Need (More Than One) Sunday Pitch in Your Portfolio

1. Tim Dales says:

Heart pumping – new, unheard of stocks around $20-ish that can double within 12 months.
    No fear of recession. It’s election year!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    In to WIN. I have positioned myself, with your help, to continue to win!
    With $1M, I would buy more defense stocks, Amazon, load up on Apple, maybe some Chinese companies.

Thanks for all you do!
    Tim

Good afternoon, Tim and thanks for chiming in.

Well said on all counts! If I may be so bold, don’t forget to “sit in an exit row” – meaning keep an eye on trailing stops and risk management. Stocks “squiggle” even as they plow higher over time and headlines can enter into that.

Roger that on the $1 million; I just had a conversation with one of China’s wealthiest investors and you wouldn’t believe what he’s buying! I’ll have an article in the months ahead on that. My jaw dropped, honestly.

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Dan says:

I am a long time subscriber and appreciate all the work you have done. I always look forward to the MMR issues and reading your thoughtful analysis.

After going through the Dotcom and Housing Crisis I worry about risking what has taken a long time to gain back. I think there will be some sort of recession due to the fact that labor costs are rising, retail sales are slowing along with other economic indicators (PMI, ISM etc). I am also very concerned about the Repo loans. This seems indicative of a liquidity crisis which will be 2008 all over again where no assest class is safe from a sell off. I wish I could have your optimism and not worry about these large drawdowns. As I get older (55 yrs old), I feel like I am running out of time to recover from any downturn.

I keep a quote from Seneca on my computer screen. He said “There are more things that frighten us than injure us and we suffer more in imagination than reality”. I know he is right….How do I break free of this fear?

Best wishes,

Dan

Thanks for being on board, Dan!

It’s because of people like you that we all grow stronger together. I will do everything I can to ensure the trust you place in me is well-founded.

Speaking of which, I share your concerns having lived through both of those events, too. Timing, as the old saying goes, is everything. I’m working on a special report highlighting the need for quality over quantity for investors faced with the problem you’ve so properly identified.

By the way, I love that quote! The one on my desk reads, “illigitimus non carborundum est” which loosely means don’t let the bastards get you but which I have re-interpreted financially as do it to them before they do it to me!”

Overcoming fear is a matter of familiarity. I’ll have more on that in an upcoming article. You’ve unknowingly given me a great idea!

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Gabriel Gonzalez says:

I don’t think there will be recession next year, will like to invest in growth companies and I like ALIBABA

Love it, Gabriel!

I found it interesting that a political candidate who shall remain nameless is already worried about inheriting a recession (after he wins). What a defeatist attitude!!

History shows very clearly that being “in to win” is THE way to go!

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Phil Marra says:

1: Family and friends having a great time
    Also making lots of $$
    2: No I don’t fear a recession next year. Even if the bone heads on capital hill never get the Shit together. The economy is moving along just fine despite there best efforts.
    3: I’m in to win only because I’m confident in you and your team
    4: I;d pay off my debts along with my children’s and still have $$ to invest to make more and set my family up for a fantastic future .

You rock, Phil!!

Thank you for the kind words and the trust you place in me. Unlike most so-called experts, I take that very seriously so please make sure to let me know if I bring anything less than the A+ game!

Speaking of which, I love the getting their sh!t together idea and share almost that precise vocabulary!

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Charlie DiDonato says:

Keith, enjoyed your video and am happy to be a Money Map subscriber. My biggest concern for next year is our own Federal Government going after our big Tech companies; specifically, AMAZON, ALPHABET and APPLE. ( I donโ€™t care about FACEBOOK; donโ€™t own it.) What are your thoughts and what is the potential impact on these companies and corresponding stock prices? I still remember how long Microsoft was in the โ€œpenalty boxโ€ when the government went after them. Thanks! Charlie

That makes me very happy, Charlie!

I try very hard to come up with compelling, easy to understand and fun stuff each week and that’s not always easy which is why your comments make my day!

The tech-onslaught will mount but, as usual, the regulators are trying to close the barn door after the horses have run. Each of those companies – excluding Facebook – has a lot to offer that’s not even factored in yet. Recall the Ma Bell breakup… folks who bought in actually rapidly multiplied their investment as newly separated companies acquired fresh value. I think that’s the case here but am watching the situation carefully in case I am dead wrong.

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Alan Hulshart says:

My “Sunday Pitch” for next year is Newell Brands(NWL), which is buying back stock and increasing profit margins. Also, investing in Enterprise Product Partners(EPD), which is growing and paying a nice dividend. EPD should take off in price, if energy stocks come back in favor during the next year.

Hello Alan!

Both are very interesting choices. I like your thinking because it’s forward looking and is firmly grounded in reason. You’d be amazed at how many investors (who are not part of the Total Wealth Family) cannot put two articulate sentences together about companies that interest them and why.

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Sev leoffler says:

I would like to know your views on cci and insg.

Hello Sev!

Both are intriguing – I’ll take a look and report back to everyone shortly!

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Rick T Willer says:

In to Win. 1M = your recommendations to love out my retirement vey well.

Fabulous Rick!

History shows very clearly that being “in to win” is THE way to rack up huge profits. Pessimists and perma-bears sound intelligent but very rarely, if ever, have the consistency needed to build wealth. Admittedly, sometimes I feel like I’m selling broccoli when every other food truck has delicious burritos but that’s a story for another time.

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Chris Smith says:

My suggestion is LYNAS CORP which is the ONLY Rare Earth producer outside China. It is about to receive funds from the DOD for a Texas JV to produce Heavy Rare Earths in the US and will eventually produce light REs also in the US.
    This is being strongly backed by Trump since he wants to become independent of China specially when it comes to the Pentagon’s needs

Hello Chris.

Somehow that’s escaped my attention. Great suggestion and – like Alan’s comments about his favorites – well reasoned. I’ll take a look!

I’ve never understood our government’s willingness to let China get such a head-start on markets like this one with comparatively little supply in our backyard. Then again, I’m not smart enough to be inside the Beltway so perhaps that’s a good thing!!??

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Philippe FREY says:

Dear Keith,
    I like all your commentaries and good pieces of advice but I would like ti read you only.
    I am inundated by all kinds of proposals from Mike Ward, Tom Gentile and the like. I have never asked for all of that and I jst do not see how to stop this advertisement. Is there a way I can get all that comes from you.
    I particularly dislike the e-mail messages that come under your name, but , when I look at them, in reality come from mike Ward.
    Thank you for the help your customer services can give me on this point.
    Philippe Frey

11. ROBERT A PETTY says:

I do not see a recession occurring in 2020 but am a bit queasy at this time about the first quarter of 2021. All could go nuts if there is a high potential for a change in the executive branch which would in my opinion push the potential for a recession to occur before the end of the year. However, most of my investment decisions these days evolve around what you term as unstoppable trends as they are going to survive regardless of the economy. I am though getting postured for a crash so that I can buy some of the great companies on sale at a tremendous discount. So, I am taking some profits and will continue doing so next year to prepare for my chance to get more of the wonderful tech, defense and healthcare companies that are doing well and will continue to do well years from now.

Hello Robert and I share your concerns as well as timing.

I see 2020 unfolding much as previous years has. The real surprise will not be downside but the fact that there is so much upside! Good on you for sticking to the Unstoppable Trends! Each is backed by more than $1 trillion so there’s plenty of headway ahead no matter who’s in the White House, no matter what Wall Street comes up with, and no matter the Fed’s next move.

Mind the trailing stops and risk management, as always. There is always the possibility that I am flat out wrong; I don’t think so but that’s a story for another time.

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Alina Lech says:

Keitch,
    Thank you for your thoughtfl presentation.

I appreciate the comments.

Several years back I began a new career that gave me the opportunity to invest some $$.
    I invested by using professional advice, watching market trends and “intuition.”
    Let me spell out the results: I LOST IT ALL.
    Today my only positive comment about it is that I am glad that I lost ONLY that.

I am often wondering about the advice that comes out. The bottom line is it takes an ethical person to deliver the real recommendation. I hope that you ARE that man.

Alina

You’re welcome, Alina. Thank you for watching!

I am sorry to hear about your prior investing experience. That really stinks and the professionals who supposedly helped you obviously didn’t. You are spot on to wonder about the advice you receive.

I walked away from running money and from Wall Street specifically because of the inherent conflicts that are so much a part of that environment. Today I run a small analytics research firm and publish my research through Money Map Press because I believe very strongly in the power of the individual investors. I am not tied to Wall Street and do not accept compensation from any company I write about whatsoever. That allows me to focus exclusively on results.

While I’ve been extremely fortunate to have recommended fabulous winners, there are times when I hit a stinker. And, for better or worse, I own that rock.

I will do everything I can to earn your trust, keep it AND live up to your expectations.

Best regards and thanks for being part of the Total Wealth Family, Keith ๐Ÿ™‚